Missional Communities are the vehicle by which we live out what it means for us to be a missional church in our everyday lives. Legacy Church is a family of disciples making disciples. We do not separate discipleship from mission from evangelism. Our strategy is to gather together on Sundays to worship Jesus, study the Scriptures, and partake of the Lord’s Super. Then scatter throughout the week as Missional Communities.
We define a Missional Community as: A community of Christians, living together on mission with God, in obedience to the Holy Spirit, who demonstrate the gospel tangibly and declare the gospel creatively to a specific group of people.
Missional Communities are the way we connect deeply with others in our church as we work together to further the gospel. These smaller groups of people (5-15ish) provide an opportunity to know others and be known within the Legacy Church family. Through these relationships, we mutually challenge and encourage one another to truly believe our identity in Christ and live life in a way that demonstrates to the world who God truly is. Each Missional Community meets regularly to share a meal, laugh, learn, pray, and be together on mission.
– They view themselves as a sent people who are missionaries where they are at in their everyday lives.
– They are committed to having spiritual conversations that lead to sharing the gospel of Jesus and the Word of God with a specific group of people.
– They are committed to regular, passionate prayer for a specific group of people.
– They are committed to intentionally living among a specific group of people.
– They are serving a specific group of people in tangible ways.
– They are committed to sharing the gospel of Jesus and the Word of God with one another.
– They are committed to regular, passionate prayer for one another.
– They are committed to intentionally sharing life with one another.
– They are committed to holding each other accountable.
– They serve one another in bearing burdens.
If you aren’t yet a part of a Missional Community feel free to contact any of the leaders listed below.
Tuesday evenings, 6:30-8pm – At Jeromy and Amanda Blomquist’s home. For directions or more info contact Jeromy at email@example.com or 360.306.0780.
Wednesday evenings, 6:30-8pm – At Shawn and Michelle Statham’s home. For directions or more info contact Shawn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360.739.1555.
Wednesday evenings, 6:00-7:30pm – At Jason and Kim Harper’s home. Led by John Olin and Roberta Martinelli. For directions or more info contact John at email@example.com or 360.820.4709.
Thursday evenings, 6-7:30pm – At Brian and Sjana MacSwan’s home. For directions or more info contact Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360.927.8534.